Sunday, January 1, 2012

New Year!

I have never made a New Years Resolution and this year I'm going a bit crazy. I'll be talking about a lot of them over the next few days, but want to address a few now. Some of the blogs I follow are doing a $0 budget for January and the Niphakis clan is jumping on board. We can pay for our bills, gas, and very basic groceries (milk, eggs, etc.). We will not eat out at all, or buy anything for the house. I'm pretty excited to see how this goes.


Nate and I want to have a goal together so we decided we are going to learn to play the piano. Nate received some gift cards for Christmas and we bought a nice keyboard.


One of my personal goals is to be much better with how I spend my time in the afternoons. I tend to waste time perusing blogs and pinterest. I also feel that Asher spends too much time with electronics. I want to do more crafting and science with him. I put together a list of all the craft projects I'd like to do this year (good thing I bought most of the supplies last month). My goal is to do two every week. My faithful readers will need to keep me accountable.


How about you guys? Are you setting goals? Any fun ones?

3 comments:

  1. I like the new look, Ally. :) My new year resolution is to be more joyful in every situation. I can't wait to hear more about your crafts with the kids and your piano playing.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great goals....Out of necessity we, too, are trying the $0 budget thing....absolute necessities only....only we'll be doing it over a long period of time....:-) ... and playing the piano....yaaaaay! it will give you such joy and maybe the kids will take an interest. Win -win!!
    Another of my goals is to read through the Bible again but using the McCheyne method which is through the OT once and the NT and Psalms twice and after only 2 days it's been such a blessing of memories and of learning new things for guidance in my personal walk with my Father, including another reminder to REST on a regular basis. I know as a young mom, and a mom of many young ones, that rest is more of an interesting word and concept and not much a reality but I do pray that God will provide you with times of His rest throughout the week....

    ReplyDelete
  3. I like the new styling :) Super cute! I love resolutions, I think it's such a great kick start for a few changes. One of my goals is to complete the bible study book "Into the Word". I'm also working toward lots more whole foods for our family and some new meal planning ideas.

    ReplyDelete