Thursday, March 1, 2012

A very late Valentine Post

I can't believe I have neglected the blog for this long. Things have been a little crazy around here. We have been wanting to move into a bigger house for about four years now. We tried to sell this place for a while and that never worked out since the housing market here is doing so terrible. We decided to rent our current house and buy a new one. We found renters (YEA!) and they move in at the beginning of April. Being landlords will be a new adventure for us. We found an amazing house and we are waiting to see if our loan is approved. 
 I love Valentine's Day. I think it's such a sweet day. We invited over some of our favorite friends for a special lunch. The kids (well mostly I) made them Valentines. They are little pots with some seeds in them. We also made some rings (hershey kisses instead of diamonds).
 For the dessert I made heart shaped sugar cookies. I put some pink food coloring in the cool whip. The kids had fun decorating with that and then they put fruit on top.


It's 80 degrees here today so I am going to join Asher in the sunshine outside!

1 comment:

  1. Oh my sweet kiddies! How fun to have a Valentines Day party. I love the ideas of seeds and growing friendships...I LOVE the Hershey Kiss rings (can I have one?) I love seeing the happy faces of the kids, especially the last one with Asher....His blue blue eyes never cease to strike me! And thank you for adding to the blog...I've so missed updates. :-)

    ReplyDelete