Thursday, February 3, 2011

Asher Basher

My little Ash man is almost three and a half. He literally jumps out of bed every day and starts running. He never stops. We started him at a new speech therapist a few months ago and it's made a big difference. The things he says just crack me up. He has quite the imagination and has started making up stories. The other day I came in the house and Nate was getting the kids breakfast. Asher looked at me and said "Daddy is bad" I asked why and he replied "Daddy pooped in his underpants". Nate of course didn't, Asher just made it up. He still loves cars and anything with wheels on it. He recently got a new bed and thinks it's the greatest thing. He has to have all his stuffed animals (who he calls The Guys) and his blankets every night. Asher has a lot of friends and nothing makes him happier than playing with them. He has done so well in preschool this year and he will definitely go again next year. When I was pregnant with Piper he was too young to understand what was going on, but he really gets it this time. He loves to kiss my belly and asks a lot when the baby is coming. Lately he has been saying "I want two babies". I'm so anxious to see how he will do with this addition to our family.

4 comments:

  1. Ash man is so cool! I love hanging with him. I love how he calls his stuffed animals "the guys!"

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love the "daddy pooped" line! Awesome!

    ReplyDelete
  3. We used to call our stuffed animals our guys too!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I suspect he said that about his daddy because his daddy told him "no" about something... I can so identify with his animals all around him in bed...I used to do that, too, actually until I was alot older...maybe 7 or 8...I felt protected by them, like if they covered my vision of the terrors in the dark the terrors would not hurt me, be they monsters or aliens which I knew were somewhere around. Dear Ash...

    ReplyDelete