Wednesday, September 2, 2015

9 Years

I remember one of the moments when Nate and I were dating where I knew, absolutely knew we would work. At the time I was living with a friend. She had a house and I had the entire third floor. She also had two kids. At the time the youngest girl was 5. Nate was over a lot and would always play with them. One afternoon we were outside and the girl was sitting on Nate's foot while he was walking around. She was laughing really hard and ending up peeing all over his shoe. Nate just sort of smiled and shrugged. I knew he would be great with kids and let things go easily. 

We've been married for nine years. It's not always easy, and it's not always fun, but I  couldn't imagine anyone else I would rather be with. Nate is still easy-going, and patient and kind. He forgives quickly and doesn't hesitate to apologize (something I still haven't mastered). He supports my dreams, and respects me a lot. 

We make one heck of a team.




1 comment: