Wednesday, June 11, 2014

Saying Goodbye

It's that time of the year when military families transfer. This year is a hard one. It hurts to say goodbye. It's so hard to see our friends leave. Piper is especially taking it hard as two of her best buddies are moving on. 

As hard as it is, I wouldn't trade my time with these people for anything. I have been so fortunate to have known them. They have impacted and encouraged me so much. 

Finley has been such a fun friend for Piper. She is fantastic and I was so glad Piper had her for a friend. The crazy man in the photo is Oliver. I'm so glad he isn't going anywhere. 
 Look at this crew of kids. I can't put into words how thankful I am for them. I am so happy that my kids are surrounded by such caring kids.
 These two. I can't think about it too much right now, because I'm already all teary as I type this post. Stella is Dexter's perfect match in a friend. I have a feeling there will be many skype sessions between the two of them.

 I can not adequately describe Patricia. She is one of the loveliest people I have ever met. She always listens without judging, she thinks before she speaks, and she has been an amazing encouragement to me over the last few years. My heart is very sad today.
 I'm thankful for the time I spent with her. I'm also so thankful that I still have good friends here. I'm pretty sure if Clarissa ever tries to leave I'm going to kidnap her.

2 comments:

  1. feeling your sadness and thankfulness and understanding that goodbyes are more like see-you-again. It's not goodbye forever. praise the Lord for SKYPE (which you can get for smart phones, too....and for all God's perfect gifts to us all.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am right there with you! Technology will make all this so much easier I hope :(

    ReplyDelete