Friday, September 14, 2012

Asher is Five

Asher turned five last week. It some ways I can't believe I have a five year old. Didn't I just graduate college last week? Another part of me doesn't believe he hasn't been five for the last two years. He can do so many things, that it's hard for me to realize he was only four until last week. 

Asher you are the least lazy person I know. From the moment you wake up (and it's early..very early) you want to know what adventure we are going on that day. You would live outdoors if you could. Nothing makes you happier than taking a long bike ride. Poor Daddy is blessed with an entire family of  extroverts. You want to play with friends constantly and never tire of being around them. You are generous and funny. My world is so much better with you in it.

You love love love Birthday parties. This year we did a Batman theme at your request. Clarissa and I made each kid a cape and I had different stations centered around the villains. The first one I did was about the Joker. I made a poster of him and had all the kids line up and toss water balloons at him.



 Having a bounce house was a great way to help burn off the energy of all the little batmen.
 At the sandman station all the kids did sand art. Piper would only use pink.

I made another station around Mr. Freeze. I froze slinkies in ice and the kids had to break them out. I'll post the rest of the pictures tomorrow.

2 comments:

  1. looks like a very eventful birthday party! Joker looks scarey....I'd want to hit him with a water balloon, too! the capes are really cute....so is Piper with her pink sand! hahahahaha. The grass looks pretty good for playing on, too! yaaaaaaay!

    ReplyDelete
  2. can't wait to see the rest of the pictures. I miss him so much! Happy birthday, Asher!

    ReplyDelete