Monday, July 5, 2010

Day 2

After the plane trip we got to our apartment. We ate at a cafe down the road and all went to bed at 7. The kids slept for 16 hours. After breakfast we decided to go to Luxembourg Gardens. It was a very nice day out and the gardens were gorgeous.
This was a fountain area where you can rent these little wooden boats and a bamboo pole to move them around with.


Inside the gardens is an awesome children's park. You have to pay to get inside, so Piper and I stayed out while Nate took Asher in. In this picture Asher is sitting on this red curved disk. Other kids would spin it around and he loved it. After the park we stopped at a cafe for pizza. We went back to the apartment for naps and the kids didn't get up until 6 (we actually had to wake them up). We got on the metro and headed to the Eiffel Tower.
We walked around for a bit and stopped at a little park. Asher makes sure he is carrying a little car at all times. He sat in the sand for a while playing with his car.
It doesn't get dark here until after ten, which is making the adjustment harder. We didn't stop for dinner until nine. Nate got to eat Tartar for the first time. He wanted me to try it, and I said the only way you will get me to eat raw hamburger is to promise me in writing we will have five kids. Needless to say I didn't eat any. We got home after ten and the kids had a bath. Asher went right to sleep, but Piper stayed up until after twelve.
The entire apartment is black and white. Here is Piper on one of the chairs.

3 comments:

  1. Beautiful! I hope you guys continue to enjoy :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. It sounds like you guys are having SO much fun! :) I don't wish you were here. I wish I was there!

    ReplyDelete
  3. We're glad you get to be there as a fam. Have a great time!- abs

    ReplyDelete