Tuesday, March 18, 2014

On Turning 30

I have a few hours left in my 20's. I keep waiting to feel apprehensive about turning 30, but I don't. If anything I feel a bit sad about leaving my 20's. I remember my 20th birthday really well. I went with a friend of mine to Philly for the weekend to celebrate our birthdays. Our car got towed to South Philly and we spent most of the night taking random subways trying to find it. It was not how I envisioned entering this decade. That entire year was hard and painful. I had no idea at the time, how much things would change and how happy I would be. 

At 21 I met Nate. It took him 6 months to work up the courage to ask me out. On our 3rd date he showed up in a Star Wars shirt, and at the time I'm pretty sure he only owned one pair of pants. I was a little skeptical, but I'm really glad I stuck it out. 

We got married when I was 22. I am blown away by this man. He loves me. He is compassionate, and giving, and understanding. He supports me in everything and is the kindest person I know. 



Shortly after we got married we found out we were in for a big surprise. Asher. I was 23. Being his mom has taught me so much. I've learned humbleness and understanding. He has stretched and challenged me.
 At 25 Piper came along. She was so different than Asher. This little girl makes my heart burst every day. She is such a delight and I still can't believe God gave her to me.
 Shortly after turning 27 Dexter arrived. I wish I could put into words how much I love him, and how much fun he is. He is my little buddy.
 At 29 Ember arrived. I already see so many hints of her budding personality. My baby girl, I love her so.
 I've also gotten to be a part of this family. They are crazy and fun, and I am so lucky to have all of them.
 This past weekend some dear friends threw me a party (Leah is missing in the picture because she is taking it). These women are amazing and I am astounded to have them as friends.

As I end this chapter in my life my heart is so full.

4 comments:

  1. I loved reading this Ally, I am so proud of you and your family and so thankful to have you as a sister! I miss you especially on this special birthday, but I will be thinking often of you and hope that you have a great start to this next part of your life.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ally Rose my beautiful friend! I love you and am so proud of you! Happy birthday, 30 is great!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow!! And to think that I knew you as a little girl, and had you in my Sunday School class..... :) By reading this, I just heard your entire life story after I last saw you! What a blessing it is to me to hear that your life is so wonderful and you are so loved by many. I don't always hear of such good stories from those that I've passed on from little to big. Thank you for telling it!! Thank you for teaching your children about God's love for them, and for being a good example of a wonderful wife and loving mommy!! Happy birthday, Allison!!! I'm proud of the person you became!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. You are "Thirty, flirty, and fabulous" (ever see 13 Going on 30?) Happy happy birthday! Also you look stunning in the last picture! Love the shoes!

    ReplyDelete