Wednesday, November 27, 2013

Thanksgiving Week

Last week was rough. Everyone had been sick for what seemed like forever. I felt awful and Ember was so miserable and was barely sleeping at all during the night. We also found out that we need to completely gut the master bath in the rental house and redo it. When we got the estimate it caused me to die a little on the inside. I was not feeling very thankful. I was also discouraged about the kids' behavior. Kindness and gratefulness doesn't always come naturally to them. 

This week has been different. I can't really change the circumstances, but I can change my attitude. Instead of yelling at my kids "Be nice to each other", I need to model it instead. 

I was more intentional this week when it came to parenting them. 

These two little buddies make me laugh so much. They make my days so much brighter. 
 We started Ember on reflux medicine last week and it has made a big difference. She slept through the night two nights in a row this week!!!

 Yesterday while Asher was in school I made cinnamon rolls. The recipe makes 8 tins (thank you Pioneer Woman). Nate suggested I halve the recipe to make fewer. The kids and I decided to make them all. We then made a list of people we are thankful for and gave them out yesterday. It was a really fun way to talk about thankfulness with them.

No comments:

Post a Comment