Monday, February 9, 2015

Our Favorite Spot

I love our neighborhood. I can't really imagine many places I would rather live right now. There are a lot of awesome places to explore, and our kids can be free and independent. A few months ago Asher started to walk around part of the neighborhood by himself. He loves the independence. Some days the thought of raising kids to be successful independent adults sounds daunting. I'm trying to prepare them one step at a time. I never want to be someone who is fearful and imagines the worst that can happen. 

Yesterday was gorgeous outside. It was about 70 degrees and sunny. We packed a picnic lunch and headed to our favorite place in the neighborhood. It was the perfect day for a walk. There is a boardwalk that leads out to a gazebo on the water. The kids like the woods that surround it. 

 Piper insisted on wearing the new dress I made her. I am so glad Nate got me a serger. Sewing with knits is my new favorite hobby.
 Sam loves to join our activities.


2 comments:

  1. Magical yet very real. Would be a cute ad for Pipers dress and for family picnics

    ReplyDelete
  2. So glad you had such a great picnic day. You're right, it's so wonderful to take walks along the water where you live. Piper's dress is so pretty!

    ReplyDelete