Saturday, November 1, 2014

Fall Beach Days

I love having four kids, but I need to be honest. It's exhausting. You know the feeling you get when you cross the finish line after a race? That's how I feel every night when I close the kids' doors after we tuck them in. I feel like I'm crawling over a finish line. Actually, it feels more like I've been dragged over it. 

Every once in a while we have moments where things feel easy. I almost don't want to talk about them in fear that they won't happen again. We went to the beach last Sunday after church. The weather was perfect, and there were only a handful of other people there. Nate and I sat down and actually relaxed. The kids (except for Emmy) all went in the water and spent the afternoon running around on the sand. 



 She loved the sand. She started walking for real this week and had fun practicing her new skills.
 Nate does not like getting his picture taken, but it needs to be done every once in a while.

Days like this balance out all the tough ones.

2 comments:

  1. Looks like so much fun. Glad you got a picture of the photo-grinch.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh Al! Oh Nate! I'm so glad you got to go to the beach and enjoy it... What a gift....may God give you many many more days like that to help iron out the wrinkles the busy days make, physically and mentally, and emotionally. "A sigh of relief" is very real to you all, isn't it! So your days were probably pretty much like San Diego days at the beach... Sometimes I could just die from the beauty and peace of a quiet ocean and lapping waves, the smell of salt water, the coolness of the water on hot sandy feet....joy joy joy. a little touch of heaven on earth.

    ReplyDelete