Saturday, January 24, 2015

Saying Goodbye

I have said more good-byes in the last 8 years, than I ever did growing up. It is hard. Really hard. Being in a military community is so great for many reasons. I get to meet people from all over the world, and form amazing friendships. It's so tempting to hold back from friendships when you know people will only be here for a short time, but I never want to hold back. I don't want to miss the relationships and experiences. 

Tonight we said bye to the Beans. I met Sheena when Piper was two weeks old. I was feeling a bit lonely and joined a local playgroup. She had just moved from Hawaii and I was drawn to her. We became fast friends, and our families hung out a lot. Over the last 6 years we have spent countless meals together, and beach trips. We have laughed, and cried, and argued. Dreams have been achieved, and new ones were made. About two years ago God really spoke to their hearts about getting out of the Coast Guard. Tomorrow they move back to Hawaii and Austin will begin a job as a youth pastor. They have big big dreams for doing ministry in the place they love. 

My heart aches. I will miss the friend who I can truly tell anything to. She doesn't judge, and always helps me laugh. God did a fine job the day he made her.  




I guess we need to start saving for our Hawaiian vacation!

2 comments:

  1. That's so sad. :( Hopefully you'll make it to Hawaii to visit!

    ReplyDelete
  2. yeah....good idea.....have a Hawaii vacation...you can be the family pioneers to Hawaii! Any new place is so so much better when you know someone there! You get to see the place as it really is.

    ReplyDelete