Thursday, September 12, 2013

Asher is 6

Asher turned 6 last week. I love every new stage this kid enters. I remember being pregnant with him and thinking I would be so sad when he hit elementary school and wouldn't be a little guy anymore. That couldn't be further from the truth. It's so much fun watching him change and mature. He is smart and funny. His physical abilities make me so proud. Ashman is so stubborn, which is great when he wants to run a race or save up to buy a boat. It's also still so challenging. I am so excited to see what this year brings for him.

Over the weekend he had his birthday party. We decided to go simple this year considering I am about to have a baby and am just so tired. We rented a bounce house, ordered some pizza, and got a pinata. 

 Dex had lots of friends who were willing to help him out.

 Asher really wanted a chocolate cake. I decided to make it the morning of the party. Unfortunately as I was getting it out of the pan the entire thing crumbled apart. No amount of icing could fix it. Luckily this isn't the first time this particular thing has happened to me, so I made Accident Cake. I put the cake in the crockpot and dumped in the icing and a bag of chocolate chips. I turned it on warm and the entire thing got nice and gooey. I served it with ice cream and it was quite yummy.



Asher had a lot of fun and I'm so glad we had great friends to celebrate with. 

No comments:

Post a Comment