Tuesday, August 6, 2013

Asher's Lemonade Stand

At the very beginning of the summer when we were talking about goals Asher knew he wanted to do another lemonade stand. We picked today to do it, and in retrospect I should have checked the weather.  We spent most of the afternoon making the lemonade and cookies. Squeezing 24 lemons is no easy task and Asher couldn't really help. He ran his stand from 3-6:30. His neighbor friend across the street kept him company the entire time. I spent a decent amount of time sitting under an umbrella. The grand total of the day was $31. He is currently saving for a trip to Australia and a jet ski. 

 The older my kids get the more I find I have to teach them. My parents instilled in me the importance of a good work ethic and that is something I really want my kids to have as well. Asher is already really grasping the concept of long term saving. He is quite a little money man and it will be fun to watch how that develops as he gets older.

2 comments:

  1. I just love him. He is such a little entrepreneur! I really wish I could have been there to buy some lemonade and cookies from him.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Go Asher Go....GoGoGo...Great Job!!!! Wish I was there to enjoy some cookies and lemonade...yuuuuuuuuuuumy! $31 is a big catch. The lemonade cooler is very pretty and makes the drink look very delicious!

    ReplyDelete